Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Orleans - Life Lessons- Learning to be me

So WOW!! New Orleans, great people, sexy men, art, life, and a lot of drama. I am not a drama person. Roommates off Craigslist are not the best idea. Still despite 6 weeks of my life being combined with the day in day out lives of strangers who share a home, lessons were learned - harsh lessons. Do I own my responsibility in all that transpired? Yes I do. Life is so very strange these days, and when you are 40 and starting a new chapter in your life, some lessons are extraordinary.
The good things out weigh the bad though. I am learning the ins and outs of  Producing, I am in the process of Producing my own show, with an INCREDIBLY moody, intelligent, HOT Chef, who is turning out to be a great guide for me. I never really knew the extent of the lessons I have to learn. The battles I have within myself.

The past dozen or so years as a single mom has led me down some strange roads. Balancing work and a gypsy spirit, the need to nourish my own spirit and be a good parent, has been such a challenge. My son seems well enough - he is actually pretty incredible, and trying his wings in Seattle.SO NOW.... no excuses, just me and a lil blue SUV that's 5 years old, and my of course BOOMER THE FAITHFUL - a 10 year old pug/beagle(?) mix. Boomer is a road dog from way back, and has a love of John Hiatt and show tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment